spoon

Cucumber Water

Category: , ,



I am afraid this post may seem a little weak in light of my hiatus last week.  The thing is, though, that I have been drinking cucumber water like it's going out of style for over a week now. 



I can't explain why, but there's just something really refreshing about cucumber water that makes me want to drink it over regular water in the summer.  It's somehow almost more thirst quenching.  It's cool, a little sweet, and whispers of the summer sun.  This year we planted four cucumber plants in our garden.  Each one has survived to create more cucumbers than we know what to do with.  If and when I find a good pickle recipe I will share it on here.  I've already make and canned two different batches of pickles, but I'm not completely happy with either one.  Go figure. 

So, other than pickles, cucumber water is a somewhat novel way to enjoy your sudden garden payload of cucumbers. 

I have to give credit to my missionary friend, Jordana, who introduced me to cucumber water last year when she was home from Sweden.  She had it at a cookout, and I loved it at first sip.  I am so glad I tried it, despite its unconventionality. 

Cucumber Water
1/2 gallon water
Approx. 4 inches of cucumber (1 pickling cucumber, half an English cucumber), sliced into thin slices

Combine the two into a pitcher, preferably one with a lid that has a filter so that when you pour the cucumbers don't come out with it.  Allow to sit in fridge for an hour or so before serving.  Enjoy!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment