spoon

Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups

Category: , ,



Pinterest just opens up a whole new world of recipe collecting, doesn't it?  You log on, see pins from people you know and many you don't of images linking to sites with topics ranging from home decor to DIY projects to travel, to fashion, to food.  I shied away from the food pins for a while, thinking that any pinned recipes would just be too much of a gamble, but after getting over that nonsense, I have something like 168 pins in my Edible Givens- Food to Try board.  This particular recipe was a Pinterest find, and quite a good one.



Don't expect a muffin here.  I did, and though I wasn't disappointed, what I was left with was more akin to baked oatmeal cups, a new trend I've seen in coffee shops and cafes.  It's dense and moist, and keeps its freshness for a couple days.  It's tasty and adaptable with different mix-ins.  It's easy, and it used ingredients I already had.  Insert "yessss!" here.  I am of course linking to the wonderful originator of the recipe in the recipe title.

Banana Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Chips
from Greenlitebites via Pinterest

3 mashed bananas (the more ripe the better!)
1 cup vanilla Almond milk (any milk should work)
2 eggs
1 tbsp Baking powder
3 cups (240g) Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp (42g) mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together, and let sit while you prepare the muffin pans.  Spray a muffin pan with with non-stick spray or use liners.  Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter.
Divide batter into 15 muffin cups. They should be just about filled.  Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch.
The muffins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit.

Notes
  • I used my potato masher to mash the bananas.  I find it makes good, quick work of the task.  You can also use forks.
  • As with many banana baked recipes, this is a great one for some very ripe bananas.


Comments (0)

Post a Comment