spoon

Taco Soup

Category: , ,


I had hoped to have a slew of Christmas recipes for you to enjoy but when did they make Christmas so early this year?  Kidding, but boy it did sneak up on me.  So, I will hopefully have something later on this week for you to make for Christmas.  In the meantime, enjoy this taco soup.



I made this last week for a party and, with the addition of some extra ingredients, we ate on it a few other times, too.  It's delicious!  It's also very easy and versatile, as you can make it on the stovetop or in a crock pot. 

Taco Soup
source unknown (I got it from a former coworker)

1 lb ground beef, browned and drained of any fat
2 cans chili beans
1 can Ro-Tel or diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can regular diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can mexicorn
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch dressing mix

Combine all ingredients and heat through.  Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.

Notes
  • Didn't I tell you this was easy! 
  • If you aren't such a red meat fan, try ground turkey or chicken.  If you're vegetarian, omit the meat altogether.  Add extra beans if you want.
  • I like to use mild Ro-Tel because I feel it's well spiced when mild.  Go for regular or hot if you're a heat freak.
  • I use the 8 oz can tomato sauce, but I am sure you could use larger. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment