spoon

Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken, Or I'm Hooked on Pinterest

Category: ,



What did we do before Pinterest?  Oh, yes, we wasted time on Facebook, or, perish the thought, searched different food blogs before recipes and ideas were conveniently able to be stored in one place.  Thanks to a friend from church, the recipe I'm posting about today made it into my pinning world because she tried it first and gave it a good review. 



This chicken recipe makes itself in the slow cooker and could literally be assembled by a child, which is great for busy people, or really anyone not wanting to turn on the stove/oven.  I shredded my chicken and used it as a burrito filling, and it was so tasty!  It also just fell apart beautifully, and was still moist, even after I cooked it 11 hours.  It makes enough for a good, hungry crowd of 6+ people.



I modified the original recipe a bit, so I'll be posting what I did.  I will link to the original recipe. 

Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Adapted from this recipe

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken (use breasts or thighs- whatever suits you)
1- 16 oz bag frozen corn
1- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Ro-Tel (or comparable off brand)
6 oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1 packet taco seasoning, or blend of similar spices (forego salt if you use taco seasoning)

Assemble all in slow cooker.  Cook on high four four hours or low for at least 6-8 hours. 




Comments (0)

Post a Comment