spoon

One of My Favorite Breakfasts- Eggs and Spinach On Toast

Category: , , ,



I'm back!  In the time since my last post, we added to the family and are adjusting to life with Baby G.  What a wild ride!  

It's amazing how life can change in the course of just over a year.  We got pregnant, had the baby, and now I'm staying home with our little one and this is the first time in 17 years I haven't worked for a paycheck.  It's also amazing to watch how a baby develops and grows these first few months.  They're astounding!

Even though I haven't posted, I have been cooking, and wanted to share a simple recipe with you today.  As the post title would suggest, it's one of my favorite breakfasts, but it's also good for a quick lunch or dinner if you aren't feeling like putting in a ton of effort and time for dinner but you still want something healthy and tasty.  Just look at the egg running out over the spinach!  YUM!

So, let me know what you think if you make this.  Enjoy!

Eggs and Spinach on Toast
to serve 1

1 slice of bread, toasted
2 eggs
2-3 oz (approx 2 cups) fresh spinach
Hot sauce

Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat and pour in about 1-2 tsp. olive oil.  Sauté your spinach in the oil until wilted.  Place atop toast.  Clean out skillet and allow to reheat.  Place another 1-2 tsp oil in skillet.  Crack your eggs into the pan (or, to be on the safe side, into a bowl and then pour into the pan) and fry to your liking.  Place the eggs on top of the spinach and drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.  Eat with a knife and fork.

Other options- sauté onion with the spinach or top the whole thing with fresh green onion slices.

Comment (1)

This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment