spoon

Lemon Dill Salmon

Category: , ,

Over the past three years, I have developed a love for salmon.  When it's fresh and not too old, it's got a distinct, stronger flavor, but not that nasty old fish flavor.  I hear it's a healthy meat to eat, with lots of Omega fatty acids necessary for our health.  It's also great grilled. 

I present to you my method of grilled salmon:
  • Place a salmon filet (or several) on a prepared cedar plank.  By prepared, I mean one that has been soaked at least 30 minutes so that it won't turn into charcoal while you grill.
  • Squeeze half of a lemon over the salmon
  • Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dill over salmon.  How much dill you use is your choice, but I like a lot- at least 1-2 tablespoons.
  • Slice 1/2 to 1 lemon and place on top of salmon fillets.
  • Grill over direct coals for about 10 minutes or until salmon is done
Be careful that you don't overcook salmon!  The salmon should not be completely lightened in color and very easily flaking with a fork.  It should flake, but still have a little bit of cohesiveness.  It should still have some give if you poke it with a finger.  It will have lightened in color a bit from its raw state, but if you stuck a utensil in it, it'd be darker closer to the skin.

If you like dill, you will love this salmon!  The lemon and dill are good flavor contrasts to the richness of the salmon.  This last time I served mine over a bed of chard I picked from the garden and lemon risotto. 



Delicious!  Consequently, we did overcook the salmon.  It wasn't as good as the first time, but still good.  Take advantage of this great weather and grill some salmon!

**This week I am on a mission trip to Mexico.  There will be at least one more post, but if you comment I apologize for not responding before Monday, June 28!


Comments (0)

Post a Comment