spoon

Snickers Pie

Category:


Stick with me and you'll be a diabetic in no time.  A couple weekends ago we had a family reunion, which I see as a time to test out new recipes.  Think about it- there's a huge group of people available to eat your food.  If it's good, you'll likely hear a lot of praise, and if it's bad, well, there are a lot of people who will take the food anyway because they didn't know it was bad to begin with.  Luckily I haven't bombed yet, and the Snickers Pie upholds my reputation as a good cook.  I took this one from the Paula Deen cookbook, The Lady and Sons Just Desserts.  Paula is a great source of foods, but especially desserts, and this cookbook has a collection of all sorts of desserts destined to make you praised as a good cook. 



You start out with Snickers and peanut butter.  If you like Snickers or the combo of chocolate and peanut butter, you will love this!  Melt 5 Snickers in a double boiler (or maybe the microwave, though I can't speak from experience with that method) with peanut butter and some half and half.  Then mix with whipped cream or whipped topping, pour into a pie crust (graham cracker or oreo) and freeze.  That's it!  To quote Paula, "this is too easy and too good!"





SNICKERS PIE

from The Lady and Sons Just Desserts
1 graham cracker pie crust
4 king sized Snickers bars
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons half and half
4 cups cool whip
In the top of a double boiler, melt together four candy bars, peanut butter, and half-and-half, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Fold in whipped topping, pour into crust, and freeze for 4 to 6 hours before serving. (For a richer pie, substitute 2 cups heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form, in place of prepared whipped topping.)

When ready to serve, top with additional whipped topping and drizzle wth chocolate syrup. Add small chunks of a snickers bar on top as well. Store in refrigerator.
 
 
Notes
  • I used creamy peanut butter, but if you try it with chunky let me know.
  • I used 5 regular sized Snickers as I couldn't find the king sized in a multi pack.
  • I made my own graham cracker crust, but I wonder how this would taste with an Oreo crust
Enjoy! 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment