spoon

Bean Dip...or Weight Watchers Chili

Category: , ,


I'm not exactly sure of the true name of this recipe because it was given to me by my aunt, who isn't known for precision in recipes.  What she IS known for is being one of the best cooks in the family, and this recipe doesn't betray her as anything but great.  Easy, quick, and crock pot adaptable, this mid sized batch chili recipe is great on a cool day, and it's healthy!  It's one of my very favorite meals, and I have made it several times a year since I was in college.  I break it out at the first hint of cool weather and eat on it for days.  It also freezes well for later enjoyment!



You can feed a small crowd with it.  Eat it as you would chili: in a bowl, over tortilla chips, or over a baked potato.  I love options! 



Bean Dip
1.5 lb ground beef
2-15 oz cans pinto beans (without pork)
2-15 oz cans kidney beans (without pork)
3- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes (recommended with peppers and onions, but I buy plain)
1-8 oz can tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
1 bell pepper, diced (optional)

In a stock pot, brown the ground beef.  Drain of any fat.  Add all other ingredients and cook over medium heat for approximately an hour, stirring occasionally.  This does not need to come to a boil.  Take care that the pot doesn't scorch on the bottom.

If using a slow cooker, simply brown the meat in a large skillet, drain of fat, and pour into slow cooker with other ingredients.  Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment