spoon

Baked Sweet Potato Chips

Category: , ,



I have a few recipes in the queue to share with you, but today calls for a short and sweet post.  I don't mean to sound dramatic, but I feel like my snack food making has been revolutionized.  First came the kale chips and I loved the thought of making something kind of weird but more like a packaged snack food, like chips.  Then I saw these sweet potato chips on Pinterest and decided to make them this weekend.  They were half eaten before I could even take proper pictures!  These tasted like commercial sweet potato chips I've had and they were baked, so I at least believe that they're healthier. 

 
 


So, here we have it.  The recipe came from the blog, busy at home via Pinterest.  I do recommend using a mandoline or v-slicer for the chips.  Uniformly cut, very thin slices are what you're after.  You can purchase these at most any store that sells household kitchen equipment. 



Baked Sweet Potato Chips
from "Busy at Home"

1 large sweet potato, washed and any strings removed.  Peel optional
2-4 Tb. olive oil
Salt, to taste

Preheat your oven to 250.  Using a mandoline or v-slicer on the thinnest setting, slice your sweet potato into thin rounds and place into a large bowl.  Add olive oil (a little at a time is good) and toss to coat.  Arrange chips in a single layer on anywhere from 2-4 baking sheets that have been prepped with either cooking spray or parchment paper.  Sprinkle with salt and any other flavoring you'd like (I used chili powder on one sheet).  Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes until crispy and lightly browned.  Store in an airtight container, if they last long enough for you to not eat them as they're coming out of the oven. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment