spoon

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Category: , ,




I found this one on tastykitchen.com, and pinned it for later trial, and I am so glad I did.  These muffins are easy and come together quickly, but most importantly, they're good.  I also love that they're made mostly with ingredients that are likely already in your kitchen.  Since I line my muffin tin with liners for easy cleanup, I only dipped the tops of the muffins.  It's probably a lot less messy that way.

The original title is "Muffins that Taste Like Doughnuts" but I beg to differ- to me they tasted just like the snickerdoodle cookie, but somehow maybe better.  I made no changes, so recipe is posted as you'll find it on the original post, but the recipe title links to the tastykitchen.com site so that you can see what else lemanda has come up with!

Snickerdoodle Muffins
from user lemanda
1-¾ cup Flour
1-½ teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Salt
½ teaspoons Nutmeg
½ teaspoons Cinnamon
⅓ cups Oil
¾ cups White Sugar
1 whole Egg
¾ cups Milk

FOR THE TOPPING:
¼ cups Butter
⅓ cups White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl. Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.
Shake muffins out while still hot. Dip muffins in butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Let cool.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment