spoon

Cherry-Almond Snack Mix

Category: , , , ,



What are some of your favorite snacks?  If you're a cereal lover, this one will likely be right up your alley.  I found it several years ago in I think a Publix magazine.  Its title is Cherry-Almond Snack Mix, and it's so good.  I used to make it quite a bit a while back, stopped for no real reason, and then rediscovered it when my family made it for the beach.  I made some for this week and thought I'd share the recipe with you.  It's so easy there's just the 1 photo and no real notes.  Except that I used pumpkin pie spice rather than apple pie spice because I had an old mix of it on hand.  If you don't feel like buying a spice mixture, experiment with making your own out of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and/or allspice.

Cherry-Almond Snack Mix
Origin unknown, but I got it from an old Publix magazine!
Makes 4-5 cups mix

4 cups oat squares cereal (recommended: Quaker Oat Squares, Brown Sugar flavored)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 Tb. melted butter
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
dash salt
1 cup dried cherries or golden raisins

Preheat oven to 300 F.  In a bowl, combine butter, spices and salt. Add cereal and almonds to bowl and toss to coat. Spread out mixture on 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan or a 13"x 9"x 2" cake pan.  Bake for 20 mins, stirring once halfway through the cooking time. Cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack and then add the dried fruit. Allow to cool completely.  Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment