spoon

Granola Clusters

Category: , , ,


 
I'm about to share a somewhat addictive snack.  It's tasty (aren't pretty much all the recipes I post on here?), easy and quick to prepare, and it's relatively healthy.  These little granola clusters bake up solid, so they're easily transported in say, a lunch box or back pack.  I bet they'd make a great after school snack, a good packable for people on the go, and I know they're good for camping.  I bet they'd even be good as a gift, packaged inside a nice container or Mason jar. 



I had the good fortune of running across these little gems at my family's house one day, and the even better fortune that my sister made them and put recipe notes down that were incredibly helpful.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!



I am making the recipe with my sister's adjustments, but am glad that the newpaper insert, Relish, also has a website so that I can link to the original.  Feel free to choose you favorite version!

Granola Clusters
adapted from Relish

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 Tb. maple syrup
1 tsp. oil
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries, mixed berries, raisins)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Kosher salt

Preheat oven to 325.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. 

Combine peanut butter, honey, syrup, and oil together in a small sauce pan.  Heat over low until melted and the mixture can be easily stirred together.  Remove from heat and set aside. 

In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and spices, tossing or stirring to mix well.  Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.  Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.  Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden and crisp.  Set tray on wire rack and let cool completely.  Store in air tight container at room temperature.

Notes
  • Just one note- if my oven were a person, it'd likely have a psychiatric disorder because of its unpredictable nature.  I baked these 15-20 minutes and they were too done!  You may need to adjust time on yours.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment