spoon

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

Category: , , ,




I saw this pinned several weeks ago and was skeptical.  I had tried to make my own creamers before using half and half and flavored syrups, and they weren't any more economical and not even as tasty as the store bought ones, but still the potential was there, and isn't the original picture so pretty?  I gave it a try.

This creamer is delicious!  I mean, on its own, it's a treat, and it really works well in coffee.  It only takes about 10 minutes to throw together, but it's not super cheap, so use your own discretion in making it.  It does, however, allow you to control the ingredients in your creamer, and it really does taste great.  Have you ever read the back of an International Delight Bottle?  No thank you. 



I halved the recipe, and it's lasted about a week and a half with just me drinking it.  Because it contains real pumpkin and spices, you do have some settling of the creamer, both in its container and at the bottom of your own coffee.

I'll post the recipe below as I made it.  Click on the link below the recipe title to see the original. 

Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
from Next to Heaven Blog
**half recipe of original blog
1 cup half and half
2 Tb. pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 Tb. real maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or flavoring

Pour all ingredients except vanilla into a small pot and whisk together.  Heat on stovetop over medium heat.  Don't let it get to boiling- just allow all ingredients to warm, the spices to infuse, etc.  Add vanilla and stir to combine.  Turn off heat.  Pour mixutre through a fine mesh strainer and into a jar or small pitcher to store.  Store in refrigerator.  Makes approx. 10 oz. creamer.

Notes
  • There is a tip on the blog post that suggests the flavor intensifies after letting sit- I totally agree- it's best to wait a few hours before using, but it's still good right away.
  • I used vanilla flavoring (i.e. no alcohol and no actual vanilla) because it's what I had on hand.  If that's what you use, then you can add it in at the beginning with all the other ingredients.



Comments (0)

Post a Comment