spoon

Dill Pickle Dip

Category: , , ,



I know we all have a little bit of a thing for chips and dip, am I right?  Long ago there were plain chips and french onion dip, and then we added in tortillas and salsa.  Now it's a multicultural free-for-all, with pita and tzatziki, hummus, and all sorts of other variations from around the world.  Isn't it great how much variety we have?

So this one is a new spin on the old, classic potato chip and dip concept, and it seems weird at first, but if you like pickles, the more you think about it, the better of an idea it seems.  As my friend Charlotte said, the flavor of this dip is like when you order a sandwich that is served with chips in a deli, and beside the chips is a dill pickle spear, and some of the pickle juice mingles with the chips beside it.  Those are your favorite chips, too, right?

This dip is easy, and makes a small batch, but with dips like this, a little goes a long way.  I found the original on Pinterest and made it for a Super Bowl party, and it was determined to be a success.  I did have to adjust the original recipe, so I'm posting as I made it.

Dill Pickle Dip
adapted from Buns In My Oven blog

1- 8 oz bar cream cheese, softened
1 Tb Worcestershire Sauce
1/2- 1 cup dill pickles, chopped
1 Tb (or more) pickle liquid
1 tsp dried dill

In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer.  Add in Worcestershire and pickle liquid and beat until well incorporated.  Stir in the pickles and dried dill with a rubber spatula or the beater.  At this point, taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.  Chill in refrigerator, preferably overnight.  Garnish with fresh or dried dill and serve with plain or plain ruffled chips.

Notes

  • The original recipe didn't have enough flavor to me, so I increased the dried dill.  It really helped the flavor.
  • This also benefits from a rest in the fridge to allow the flavors to mingle.  

Comments (0)

Post a Comment