spoon

Almond Snack Mix

Category: , , ,


Hi!  I'm coming to you today with a good snack idea.  Eating between meals can be such a pitfall for those of us who want to eat healthy, but get really hungry about 3:30 pm or crave something sweet in the afternoons.  This snack mix is a really good answer to that.  I got the idea from one of my former Zumba participants and have since made it a lot, and likely adjusted the ratios of ingredients.

It's simple and customizeable, so let it fit your tastes.  I love the combination of almonds, dried cranberries, and dark or bittersweet chocolate chips.  I'm not a nutritionist, but this has protein from the almonds, and the chocolate and dried fruit answer that sweet craving in a less guilty way.

Almond Snack Mix

1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries, mixed fruit, raisins)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight or resealable container.  Try to enjoy no more than 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time!  Note: the ratio I am using here is 2 parts almonds to 1 part each dried fruit and chocolate chips.  Feel free to play with your own combination.  

Comments (0)

Post a Comment