spoon

Doubletree-esque Cookies

Category: ,



If you've ever stayed in a Doubletree Hotel, you are handed upon check in a couple delicious, warm cookies that have gooey chocolate and just the right amount of nuts.  They're quite the treat, and a cut above most chocolate chip cookies.  A couple years ago I decided that I had to develop or find a copy cat recipe for these Doubletree cookies.  I can't just go book a hotel every time I decide I want a cookie, so I figure I have to make the cookies myself.  I found this recipe somewhere on the world wide web, and apologize that I cannot give you its original source.  I wasn't so good about tracking that sort of thing back then. 



This particular recipe uses all the ingredients the bag in which the original cookies came list, but I'd probably argue that some tweaking needs to be done if you want them exactly like the Doubletree cookies.  The Doubletree cookies are more cake like, with little spread and a more pillowy appearance.  The dough in the copy cat recipe flattens out more, making it like a Toll House cookie.  I'm actually good with that and consider it an improvement because I love a thin, moist cookie.  Maybe one day I'll experiment with using cake flour or more leaveners, but for now I'm enjoying what this particular recipe gives me. 

Doubletree-esque Cookies
from a forgotten online source

½ cup rolled oats
2 ¼ c AP flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp lemon juice
2 eggs
3 c semisweet choc chips
1 ½ cup chopped walnuts

Grind oats until fine.  Combine with flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. 

Cream the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice.  Add eggs and mix until smooth.  Stir in flour mixture.  Add nuts and chocolate by hand.

For best results, refrigerate dough overnight.

Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment