spoon

Museli

Category: , ,



I'm so glad to be blogging again!  Between illness, family visits, and internet issues, I've spent very little time online the last couple weeks.  That's been nice but there are some things you miss.  You somehow feel out of touch, which is silly, because it's the people around you who matter most. 

None of that has anything to do with museli- at least nothing I know of.  Museli is a Swiss cereal recipe, and it is uncooked or unbaked, so it's a snap to throw together.  It looks like granola.  Eat it with yogurt, kefir, or milk, like you would a breakfast cereal or granola.  My friend Jordana, who now lives in Sweden, first introduced me to museli.  Kram, Jordana!  (was that right?) 

I sometimes prefer making museli to granola because of the speed with which it can be thrown together.  On a hot summer day, it's perfect paired with Greek yogurt and honey as breakfast or a snack...or second breakfast.  It's healthy and hearty. 

Museli
inspired by the Martha Stewart recipe

1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 to 1/2 cup dried fruit
1/3 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts because it's what I had on hand)
1/3 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds

Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.  Store in an airtight container for up to a week.  One serving size is 1/4 cup museli.  Pour over plain yogurt and drizzle with honey for a treat!  If desired, thinly slice a granny smith or other tart apple and include with your museli. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment